Sunday, March 13, 2016

telescope maintenance...

It's been cloudy and rainy the last few days, but I've not been idle.  Last night I went up to Fremont Peak where Ron Dammonn showed me how to use the Challenger 30-inch telescope.  It's big!  It will be a handful to move and manage, but I am looking forward to the views.  Next chance I have I'll give it a go.

Today I made an eyepiece holding shelf for my home observatory, somewhere to stow my astrometric eyepiece and other accessories.  And almost on a whim I decided to clean the mirror on the 20-inch, which turns out really needed it.  It cleaned up nicely.  I put on a new center spot and corrected some problems with the sling in the cell.  It should be good to go the next opportunity, which sadly might not be for another could of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment