Wednesday, January 15, 2020

starlink train

I saw my first Starlink satellite train tonight.  The first of many, I'm sure.  I happened to look up Heaven's Above and noticed there would be a pretty high pass around 6pm, so I set an alarm on my phone. I interrupted my dinner and went outside.  It was cloudy, with some sucker holes.  After a couple minutes I noticed one satellite, but then no others.  But after a little while more started coming across and visible through gaps in the clouds.  Usually I could see three or four at a time, and I could trace the line which they were following backward so I could spot new ones as they approached.  I didn't count, but it took about three minutes for the train to complete.  Everyone came out for a look.  Pretty neat.  The only other time I saw satellites close like this was watching a supply ship chase the ISS.

No comments:

Post a Comment