Tuesday, November 6, 2018

servo working

With the current spell of relatively clear weather I've kept my 20-inch set-up in the back yard and have been working on the servoCAT set-up.  Happily with a new setting program from the vendor, it finally works!  Tracking is smooth but has a very slow drift, but I can work it out with the tracking improvement protocols in the manual.  

Last night I spent some time going goto to various Messier objects, then Mars, Uranus, and Neptune.  It was a real pleasure to move object to object and have a look.  I need to work on better star alignment and the improving the tracking, but it will get better and I hope to really enjoy the new capability -- like spending time really studying objects, changing magnification, and all the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment