Friday, September 25, 2026

23 september 2026, movement pairs

Finally, after around 5 months, I had a decent night's observing with my 20-inch.  Seeing was good, not great -- 7/10 -- but enough to go after movement pairs at higher elevations.  I replaced the ServoCat controller with one with the firmware upgraded, and it fortunately copied the settings.  I still need to tweak the gear ratios and speed settings but will go that later.  First time using the stationary shed with the door ramp and removable wheels and handles.  Worked very nicely and I'm happy I have this solution for the years to come.  I removed the 80mm finder to reduce the UTA weight and only relied on the setting circles for pointing accuracy, which was pretty good.  Looking forward to installing an eFinder as soon as it arrives.

I tried to observe any as yet unobserved movement pairs, and any I had marked for reobservation.  SkyTools 3 worked ok; I found I needed to delete many lists, it seems the glitches I had were related to some sort of memory limit.  Apodizing mask used throughout.

BU 151 AB: 508; 560x: Rotanev, Beta Delphinus.  Split with best focus and seeing, very large delta, PA to the northwest in the direction of another wide faint star.  Current separation 0.482 and will widen 0.1" by 2032.  SOC grade 1, 26.68-year period.
20h 37m 32.87s +14° 35' 42.7" P.A. 323.00 sep 0.482 mag 4.11,5.02 Sp F5IV+F2V dist. 30.93 pc (100.89 l.y.)

BU 658 AB: 508; 1270x: Orange stars, very tight snowman, weaker to the WSW.  There's no orbit for this one, and B is not in Gaia -- needs some speckle interferometry observations.
19h 43m 55.97s +27° 08' 07.5" P.A. 276.00 sep 0.3 mag 6.72,7.92 Sp B7V+G1III dist. 757.58 pc (2471.23 l.y.)

BU 670 AB: 508; 420x: Near equal, PA to north.  -63% PRO, it is not binary.
20h 32m 55.22s +13° 56' 40.0" P.A. 6.00 sep 0.8 mag 9.44,9.87 Sp F8 dist. 990.1 pc (3229.71 l.y.)

BU 989 AB: 508; 1270x: Light orange-yellow stars, notched elongation, weaker member to WNW.  SOC grade 1, 11.57-year period, it will close these next couple of years but be to the SE by 2032.
21h 44m 38.70s +25° 38' 42.0" P.A. 134.00 sep 0.2 mag 4.94,5.04 Sp F5V dist. 34.22 pc (111.63 l.y.)

COU 14 AB: 508; 1270x: Primary star with a small faint, but still easy to see tip of a B star overlapping the very edge of A's disk, PA to the southeast.  [SOC ephemeris puts the PA at 246-degrees southwest, separation 0.343"].
21h 50m 08.64s +17° 17' 09.4" P.A. 85.00 sep 0.2 mag 5.74,6.94 Sp F2III-IV dist. 33.42 pc (109.02 l.y.)



KUI  99 AB: 508; 420x: Suspected double at 280x.  Excellent pair, both stars orange, PA to the southeast, large delta but aesthetic split.  SOC grade 2, 38.7-year period, it is at apastron now and will start to rapidly close in the mid-2030s.
20h 39m 37.71s +04° 58' 19.3" P.A. 121.00 sep 0.811 mag 8.28,9.63 Sp K5V dist. 16.72 pc (54.54 l.y.)

STF 2737 AB: 508; 1270x: Olive shaped, PA vaguely east. SOC grade 2, near periastron now, will be nearly undetectable until the mid-2030s when it will rapidly widen.
20h 59m 04.54s +04° 17' 37.8" P.A. 109.00 sep 0.1 mag 5.96,6.31 Sp F6IV dist. 204.5 pc (667.08 l.y.)

STT 535 AB: 508; 1270x: Light yellow, weak egg shape, slightly notched, PA to SW, faint star on edge of field to north.  SOC grade 1, 5.71-year period, it will close the next couple of years but reach 0.33" apastron in 2030.  
21h 14m 28.81s +10° 00' 25.1" P.A. 214.00 sep 0.101 mag 5.19,5.52 Sp F6V+F6V dist. 18.49 pc (60.31 l.y.)

WCK 2 Aa,Ab: 508; 850x: Very weakly notched, tight snowman with weaker end to the N, but difficult to detect this.  White stars, component of BU 298.  SOC grade 1, 16.9-year period, 0.218" current separation, it will widen imperceptibly for the next three years before tightening.
20h 39m 38.25s +15° 54' 43.4" P.A. 243.00 sep 0.2 mag 3.86,6.43 Sp B9IV dist. 77.82 pc (253.85 l.y.)


No comments:

Post a Comment