Friday, February 5, 2021

4 february 2021

 Last night was a bit of a bust.  Seeing was awful even when masked down to 7-inches, and transparency was so poor I had trouble seeing even 9th magnitude stars.  I did however figure out the vignetting I noticed before was coming from a focuser baffle being out of place, so I fixed that.

I observed for about 40 minutes before quitting.  There was one interesting pair seen: 

STF 541 AB, CD: 178; 203x: AB is a bright white pair, super wide, approximately 1 delta mag.  Nearly in between is a near equal faint pair of 10th magnitude stars, approximately 6" separated, with a PA slightly off-kilter to the AB pair.  The A star is an Aa-Ab pair, OCC 327, equal magnitudes but no separation given, from the Occulting Doubles Catalog -- I wonder if it would show out of round visually with aperture & high magnification.

Image from a poster on Cloudy Nights:



No comments:

Post a Comment